Welcome to PowerBoardFanatics.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the power board community.

Scarpar pre-order check in thread - Who's got a Scarpar powerboard coming?

Discussion in 'Scarpar Power Board Forum' started by Tim, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim Owner/Admin Staff Member

Who's got a Scarpar power board on pre-order? Let us know if you've order a model X with 3.0 kW or the model S with 1.5 kW.

I'm hoping to pre-order a 3.0 kW board soon!

Tim

2. Tim

I put my pre-order in for a Scarpar model X on Friday. Andrew, the CEO of scarpar has been very nicely answering quetsions for me by email. Looks like Scarpar's power boards won't be shipping until Q1 of 2012 but the wait will be worth it.

Who's got one on order?

Tim

3. Duda Designs RC

Duda Designs RC Member

Edited: I answered my own question. Congrats Tim!

4. Alex

Alex New Member

Most certainly have reserved one! The 2nd person out there to do so, infact ; ) ;);)
    Now all i have to do is find (again) the rest of the money for it! Damn am i keen though.

Edit: Ofcourse the beastly one if you're wondering.

5. Tim

Anyone heard anything about a shipping date? Scarpar hasn't updated their facebook page in months and their website is currently broken. Not sure how long it has been down, but I don't think that is a good sign. Seems like BPG Werks and the DTV Shredder are taking off and this project is stalling out. I wish we could get Andrew on board at PBF to answer our questions directly.

Tim

6. Alex

Alex New Member

I spoke to Andrew late last month, for whatever reason they've had to develop some of the gear (motor and controller) themselves which has been abit of a set back.
    They have also improved the drive train for greater durability and the modularity has been improved to make assembly / disassembly easier.
    So afew set backs, but it seems they're necessary ones that ensure the product is of top quality.

I'd dare say lack of any new updates would be an indicator to the level of effort currently being invested in completing the project. Think of it as the "lull before the storm" ; )

So hang in there mate!
    I will sent Andrew a note though and let him know to drop over.

Alex

7. Tim

I've invited him to participate a couple times. It would be great to get him involved in PowerBoardFanatics!

Tim

8. Alex

Alex New Member

I'm sure he'd love to, and, providing hes still alive he will get over here eventually! As you can imagine the time and resources required to get a new powerboard product off the ground would be immense. I know he was definitely supportive of this Forum when we spoke last and encouraged Scarpar fans to check it out.
    Once things are abit less hectic he will pop back up, and confidently i say with a shiny new toy for us to break our arses on :p

9. Tim

From exchanging emails with him I know how busy he is. But based on how the Scarpar looks in pictures I think his effort is paying off. If you talk to him please continue to encourage him to pop in. I know he is busy but he needs to let us fans and enthusiasts know what is going on at Scarpar.

Tim