Welcome to PowerBoardFanatics.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the power board community.

Shredder Pre-order Thread - Member with pre-orders check in here

Discussion in 'DTV Shredder General Discussion' started by Tim, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim Owner/Admin Staff Member

If you've got a BPG Werks DTV Shredder on pre-order we want to hear from you. Let us know when you pre-ordered it and where you're located.

I'm hoping to put a pre-order in for a shredder soon. I'm in Boston.

2. Tim

Tim Owner/Admin Staff Member

I pre-ordered my DTV Shredder on Friday, super excited! Now the long wait begins :(

Tim

3. Duda Designs RC

Duda Designs RC Member

I pre-ordered two shredders a couple of weeks ago. I'm in New Hampshire. Can't Wait, I love getting new toys first

4. Gavin Greaves

Gavin Greaves New Member

I have 3 Shredders on Pre-order.

Being in Australia it will be very interesting to see how the allocation goes. I haven't seen vendors announced for overseas or for domestic US/Canada yet.

5. Darcy Dietz

Darcy Dietz New Member

I pre-ordered 2, but then went and paid full price for just one. I pre-ordered 14 months ago. Paid up about 6 months I think. Ben would know for sure. Can't wait. Just getting a helmet custom painted for this bad boy.

6. Gavin Greaves

Gavin Greaves New Member

When there is artwork for merchandise we will probably look at getting some helmet covers for both push bike and MX style helmets for people to have all the "licensed" merchandise Then Darcy you can have your good looking paint job on the shelf and at meets and protect it while you are riding and/or racing. ;)

7. Darcy Dietz

Darcy Dietz New Member

Thanks Gavin; the guy who is making my SHOEI VFX has his own facebook site too, if you want to chat with him. i believe he has already finished one helmet for Ben Gulak, CEO of BPG and king of the shredder;

Airbrush Designs by Helmet Head

8. Duda Designs RC

Duda Designs RC Member

Great! You were probably one of the first purchasers. I will be squaring up on at least one of my shredders this week...

9. Gavin Greaves

Gavin Greaves New Member

Is anyone here a distributor? Being overseas there isn't the list of overseas distributors yet.

I had a look at the helmets Darcy, the one that was on Helmet Head was a nice design, personally I wouldn't have that one being the US air force symbol and all and I'm not much for white either, it wont go with anything I want to wear and its just going to be brown in 2 minutes riding over here. No snow where I will be.

I definately like some of the renderings of the orginal designs so I'll be looking for some art like that I hope but what ever Ben & artist come up with for design and colour will be it at the end of the day anyway.

How are you getting one in a couple of weeks Duda??

10. Duda Designs RC

Duda Designs RC Member

LOL Gavin, I didn't mean to mislead you...I wish I was getting it in a couple of weeks! What I meant was that I will paying them off in full this week

11. Gavin Greaves

Gavin Greaves New Member

LOL - Cheeky, I feel like I went for my first 6 hour days riding yesterday this morning so maybe mine is already here and hiding!! lol

12. Duda Designs RC

Duda Designs RC Member

Uh oh! Not good...you have simply been thinking about riding your shredder and you're already tired! Lol

13. Larry Herrington

Larry Herrington New Member

Put down a deposit in the spring then paid in full about 3 months back. Located East Central Arkansas

14. Evgeny Reiman

Evgeny Reiman New Member

Bought mine today, cant wait!!) Located in Moscow, Russia

15. Duda Designs RC

Duda Designs RC Member

Congratulations on your shredder purchases guys! People only have until the end of the month to pre-order their shredders directly from the company. After that, people are gonna have to wait for the dealer network is set-up and order from them. I also smell more money......

Now is the time to make it happen!

16. James Madison

James Madison New Member

Anyone heard any updates? I have three units on order, two fully paid for years. Right now looks like I am going to bail and ask for a full refund since there is absolutely zero, nada, nothing on updates on production, EPA, etc, etc, etc. I am sure there are others who are in deeper than me but right now into it at around $5400 and no communication. Guess we are lucky we did not pay for any additional orders at SEMA in 2012 since we were willing to to do a double buy in for a dealership. Hope to at least get my $5400 back.

17. Darcy Dietz

Darcy Dietz New Member

no updates. As stated I paid in full (although they raised the price and then said since I was in on the ground floor I'd be okay).
    I think Russia got a shipment. There should be no problem at all with getting your $$ back. They stated so on their FB page.

18. James Madison

James Madison New Member

I have been in contact with people who have orders and cancelled with no refund. Not everything on FB is true and they are heavily policing the comments to keep pissed off people from posting. I actually tried to get a refund a year ago or so and was promised an additional 20% discount from the early buy in price ($2500) if I stayed with it. Of course that person no longer works there and no chance it was even authorized officially but I have the email to back it up. Other people who get no response and have multiple units paid for, more than me and get no response. I understand small start up but no replies, no real updates. Really makes you start feeling uncomfortable about what is going on. I am talking about items I paid for in 2010 or early 2011 understanding there would be a delay. In Nov 2012 we were going to do a dealer buy in at SEMA for about $48,000 but the afternoon we were suppose to sign contracts they said they were not signing dealers. That was the 1st or 2nd day of SEMA. To this day no US dealers allocated. Will keep working the refund angle since it appears EPA is something that will take a while or at least that is the assumption to be made with no updates. Would like at least one but then again what about parts support, etc, etc.

19. James Madison

James Madison New Member

Good news looks like Ben forwarded my request for refund on all three Shredders to the accounting department. Will see how that goes but he said a check should go out on Monday. On a side note after vacationing in San Diego appears Ben took a trip to the hospital with a broken right leg and left foot. Not sure how that happened but I think I can guess.

20. Benjamin Gulak

Benjamin Gulak BPG Founder

Hello Darcy, Brian and Shredder Family,

Tim sent me a message saying there was some activity going on the forum and I wanted to respond personally. I've actually been in the hospital theapst week, broke both my legs pretty badly last thursday so wasn't on email or fb at all the past few days.

Brian (James Madison), I have forwarded your email to our accounting and will be mailing a check out on Monday. We are issuing a full refund for all 3 deposits/payments.

I want to take this opportunity to explain some of the developments that have been happening in the business. We haven't been updating not due to a lack of progress but because the developments are internal. As of last week we closed a finance round for 2.2 million dollars of cash directly into business to help with some growth capital and operating cash.

Our primary focus is on delivering a GOOD product. We would love to start delivering to our pre-sale people. However, if the product is not ready we will not ship any half assed Shredders. We have been working closely with some of our early distributors to do extensive testing on a larger scale. Our distributors cover a wide spectrum of environments and provide the best test environment.

Regarding the Sultan Prince, Shaikh Hamdan wanted to purchase one of our early prototypes. He purchased one back in November and he only purchased a prototype because thats what we had available. He then commissioned us to build him 2 48hp rotary engine powered Shredders that are being delivered at the end of September. He did not jump the line or scoop up a bunch of Shredders.

We have run into some recent assembly issues at the factory recently. These are not issues with the design or parts. They are issues with fasteners and things not being tightened properly. We have stopped all shipments until we have trained the workers on how to properly tighten all fasteners. We have also now purchased a full batch of fasteners from a North American company and will be shipping them to our factory to avoid any future quality issues.

This product launch has been the culmination of years of hard work and we are not going to launch pre-maturely or ship a product we are not 100% happy with in order to satisfy any individual customers. We have worked too hard to jump the gun and although I would have loved to deliver the product 18 months ago it just hasn't been possible. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I didn't know all the things I didn't know when I started the company 5 years ago. I thought things would go smoothly once the design for manufacture was completed. However, in reality, that was just the start. We've had issues with the tooling, then the quality of the dies, the cast parts breaking, tolerances. Then we started environmental testing and ran into more issues. Some of our clients want the machine to run in 3 feet of snow in -30 degree weather to running in sand in +100 degree weather. These are environments we were not able to test thoroughly in Canada while we were prototyping.

This isn't simply about selling a few shredders at a time out of our office, we went into mass production and have several thousand orders with distribution companies around the world. We have to get this perfect otherwise we will go bankrupt right after the very first shipment.

I know this is frustrating for some of the pre-sale people. However, I have also honoured the original list price for pre-sale people which is a few thousand dollars cheaper than the shredders will be selling for anywhere else in the world. I have told anybody wanting a refund that we are happy to issue refunds on both individual payments or pre-sale deposits. It ay seem like I don't care about what people think, but, that could not be further from the truth. I care immensely about the business which is why I am trying so hard to deliver a good product.

@Darcy, i know it seems like I'm exploring the world using startup cash. I assure you, that couldn't be further from the truth. People don't see the work that goes into keeping the business funded or how many of those trips are business related. You're seeing a sliver of my life through the lens of Facebook which does not give an accurate look into what my daily life consists of.